Thursday 28 August 2008

Baby Keepsake Box




I decided to make this box after seeing one on display at Craft Central. I have used mountboard cut to 10 x10 and my trusty Bind-it-All. The mountboard pieces were covered in various baby themed papers and inked around the edges with a blue inkpad. I then tied them all together with blue gingham. I had punched holes along the top edges by mistake so I threaded fibres through these as if it was my intention all along and then filled the box with toiletries. The new parents were delighted with it even if it was a bit rough around the edges in my view :0)

12 comments:

Vicki Hook said...

It looks great and what a good way to give the "necessities"! Makes it much more memorable this way!!

Just Me said...

I love it!

Cass said...

This is lovely and what a great idea.

Cass xxx

Andrea said...

a very cute box xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely box Shazza. Well done you!
:-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant gift idea - looks great!

shaz earl said...

Stunning box Shaz..has given me the idea to do a wedding one for DD xxx

Unknown said...

Fab work Shazza - I love it X

Dan said...

Lovely box Shazza! :)

Rach said...

what a great idea, and so cute. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Its a lovely box! :)

Vanessa.

Joy said...

A very pretty box Shazza xx