Tuesday 17 March 2009

Sugar Bowl and Cute Card Thursday challenges


The current challenge over a the Sugar Bowl is to make something for Mother's Day. I decided to make a card keeper for my mum which I can fill with some handmade cards for her to use for her friends. I got the instructions from The Scrapbook Lounge ages ago but never got round to using them. The papers I have used are by Dovecraft and the cardstock is Bazzill. I have used one of the Sugar Nellie stamps by designer Leanne Ellis and coloured the image with watercolour pencils. Isn't she sweet? The ribbon is Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip grosgrain. I then made some flower embellishments using Retro Flower punches and some gold brads.

This week's sketch over at Cute Card Thursday was great. I decide to use it to make a Mother's Day card for my mum-in-law. The papers are Sparkly Sweet by K & Co and the cardstock is Bazzill. The Tilda image was wateroloured using my Derwent pencils and the little piece of ribbon is from my stash.

9 comments:

Deb said...

Fabulous card, the colours are so pretty and I love that sweet Nellie!
Thank you so much for joining in our birthday challenge! Have a great evening, hugs Debx

Cardmaking Galore said...

really cute card

Nessie said...

Great card and love your blog.

;)

Lilian said...

Your cards are adorable and love the images! Greta color combo. Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Cass said...

Two fab projects Shazza.Love the idea of the card keeper.

Cass xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous cards hun, :O)) An award awaits you on me Blog :O))

Rach said...

Fantastic cards hun, love them both. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

2 great cards here love yor colour schemes and wow that paper wreath below is fantastic
Hugs Jacqui x

Victoria said...

both very lovely cards x